What is appreciation?
--- Appreciation of something is the recognition and enjoyment of its good qualities.
Your appreciation for something that someone does for you is your gratitude for it.
An appreciation of a situation or problem is an understanding of what it involves.
Appreciation in the value of something is an increase in its value over a period of time.
Thinking about the concept
A visual thesaurus search is always an excellent starting point to discuss a concept definition:
|Thesaurus - ENG|
|Thesaurus - Synonyms, Antonyms, and Related Words (freethesaurus.com)|
Relations of Appreciation within Corporate futuring (and Organisational futuring)
There exists a close vertical relationship within Corporate futuring:
On the Inner focus level, a close relationship exists with:
Corporate futuring and Organisational futuring intertwine, on the Inner focus level, through:
In concrete terms, this means:
- The trio - 'Appreciation', 'Organisational structure' and 'Business model' - is inextricably linked.
- Your 'Appreciation' contributes substantially to 'Long term thinking' and 'Steering'.
- To realise 'Long term thinking', you need to invest in 'Motivation'. Even so, to realise your 'Steering', you need the right 'Governance'.
Questions we can ask ourselves when contemplating our Appreciation
- Is our 'Appreciation' the source of our 'Organisational structure' and 'Business model'?
- Is our 'Appreciation' robust enough to generate 'Steering'?
- Is our 'Appreciation' keen enough to create 'Long term thinking'?
- Or does our 'Appreciation' prohibit a relationship between Long term thinking and our Steering? (See Collider)